Friday, July 3, 2009

La Llorna



James- It’s good… No it is… At least I think it is… No it definitely is.

Pavel looks over at Christian; they both think that he’s beginning to lose it. Every little detail, every conversation, every random thought, all have become fair game for analysis.

Pavel- Look mate, whether you come to a conclusion in your head or not is a moot point.
James- What are you getting at?
Pavel- What I’m trying to “get at” is it doesn’t matter what you think, the fact of the matter is she’s declared victory, and when they do that it doesn’t matter what we do, or what we say… they’re always right, always have been always will be.
Christian- Aye, that is pretty true, it’s the unfortunate nature of “x’s” versus “y’s.”

James looks at the two with a look of shock and disbelief. He had been content with getting upset, and venting, he didn’t realize that he would inevitably here someone else’s opinion. To make matters worse, they weren’t really saying anything that he cared to hear.

Pavel- Look I’m not saying to stop, and I’m definitely not saying to keep obsessing over this, but what you do have to realize is that this situation is out of your hands, and if you’re not intelligent enough to recognize that much, then it’s been out of your hands much longer than you think. I’m not going to lie to you and say that we liked Ames, because honestly she was a hag, a leech, and not the best example of… what’s that word I’m searching for…
Christian- A woman?
Pavel- No that’s not it.
Christian- A friend?
Pavel- No still not it.
Christian- A person with a soul and the ability to have the bare minimum of respect for others?
Pavel- Yeah that… She had no respect for you, let alone herself. There was nothing you could do, you tried…
Christian- Valiantly…
Pavel- And still she treated you the way she did. So yes I’m going to say it’s a good thing that it’s over, hell it makes me feel better, and I wasn’t even the unfortunate bastard stuck in that god awful situation, no offense…
James nods his head to the side agreeing with him, and looks up at his friend- Do you really think I’m not intelligent?
Pavel smiles, he sees hope for his friend yet- Well if you have to asking me then, no I don’t think you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment